I am beginning to run out of time (and steam) for Easter projects, but before I do, I want to share a couple of last minute projects. These projects are fairly quick (especially compared to the egg boxes and decorative eggs I posted earlier this week). If you are looking for a last minute project (or two) to complete before Easter one of these projects may be just what you are looking for. I think these little carrot boxes would be adorable filled with foil covered candies and tucked into an Easter basket.
1. I designed and cut out the shapes using my Silhouette Cameo. This could also be done by hand with scissors or a craft knife.
2. I embossed the paper for the carrot roots.
3. I folded the hearts and tabs in half. For each box, I glued two hearts together with the long tabs.
4. I glued the carrot tops together and then glued two tops on each box.
5. I folded down the tops of the carrot roots on each box and then folded them in.
For two boxes I used:
- Patterns (below)
- Silhouette Machine, scissors, or craft knife
- 1 Sheet orange (8.5 x 11) card stock
- 1 Sheet green card stock
- Glue stick
- Embosser (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
Pattern for roots:
Note: I couldn’t get the files to post as .pdf or .studio files so I have posted them as .jpg files. If you’d be willing to share advice regarding posting other types of files, I’d love to hear from you!